First of all, if your iPhone has been on the apple logo for a couple of minutes without moving forward, you should try to force restart the device. For this you must follow these recommendations:
- iPhone with Face ID, iPhone 8, and iPhone SE: Press and release the Volume Up button. Then press and release the Volume Down button. Quickly press and hold the lock button until the iPhone restarts.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the lock button while pressing the Volume Down button.
- iPhone 4 / 4s / 5 / 5s / 6 / 6s: Press and hold the lock button while pressing the home button.
Use the Finder or iTunes to fix the problem
- Open Finder on your Mac (or iTunes on one with Windows) and connect the frozen iPhone via USB cable.
- Once the iPhone is detected, the platform will give you a notification indicating that you must restore the phone.
- Click the Restore option.
- This will take care of restoring the phone and updating it to the latest version of iOS.
- When the process is finished, you will notice that the iPhone already passes the Apple logo and works correctly.
What if my iPhone is not recognized?
- On a Face ID, iPhone SE, or iPhone 8: Quickly press and release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Hold them down until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier versions, an iPad or an iPod touch: press and hold the Home button and the top (or side) button at the same time. Hold them down until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
After following these steps, you will see the Restore option on the computer screen, which you must accept in order to complete the process and have your mobile device back without the problem of the frozen apple logo.