Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall Netflix
From the Netflix community, many users have claimed to solve this problem by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the application on Android and Smart TV. To do this, simply follow these instructions:
1) First of all, you must go to Settings from your Android device or Smart TV.
2) Then, you must select "Applications" or "Application Manager" (Depending on the TV and mobile device).
3) In this section, you should find Netflix and select it. Once they do, click on "Uninstall" to remove the application
Error 1001 Netflix solved
Method 2: Clear Netflix Android Cache and Data
This method could also fix Netflix error 1001. To clear the Netflix cache and data from your Android phone or tablet, simply follow these instructions:
1) First of all, click on the Settings icon from your Android device
2) Now go to the option "Application" or "Application Manager"
3) Within this option, click on "All"
4) Select Netflix and then click on the "Clear Cache and Clear Data" buttons.
5) Now start the application again and verify that the error has been corrected.
That is all. If these two methods have not been able to solve the problem, then it is recommended to send a report to Netflix from your "Report a problem" option. Remember that if you have any questions or doubts, you can do them in the comments section below.