Google Play Store is one of the most famous application stores in the world, since it is linked to Android, which is the system most used by cell phones at the moment. This app store is very essential for users as it is the sure way that they can get their favorite applications without damaging your phone.
Many of the apps that you can download from the Google Play Store are free, but there are others that you must pay if you want to have them. But what if you pay for an application that did not meet your expectations? Or if by mistake you paid for a wrong application? If your specific question is whether you can have a refund, here at Celular.pro we are going to show you how you can have it.
How to request a refund on Google Play Store
If you made a purchase in Google Play Store and it was not what you expected or you just made a mistake in the application you paid for and want a refund of your money, you can do it, since Google Play gives you 15 minutes after making the purchase to request a refund. You can do it in different ways, keep reading to learn how.
Request refund through Google Play Store
If you are going to require a refund through the google Play Store platform, you must follow the following steps:
- Go to the Google Play Store platform
- Next, you must press the Google Play icon in the 3 lines that appear on the side.
- Click on My Applications
- Select the app you want to be reimbursed
- Select on the Get Refund icon and you will see a confirmation message where you will be asked if you are sure you want to receive a refund from the Google Play Store with this application.
- Click on the icon yes and you are ready
It is important to mention that this action can be performed only once per application, this means that if for any reason you make the same error with the app, the Google Play Store will not give you the option to opt for a refund again.
Request a refund on Google Play Store from Google Payment
If the statutory 15 minutes that the Google Play Store gives you when you go to request a refund have passed, you must contact Google Payment directly, to do so, you must follow the steps below:
- Go to Google Payment
- Click on the app to which you will request a refund
- At the bottom, click Contact
- In the menu, click on the icon I want to request a refund or return an item .
- Write the message you want to send to Google Payment, in this part you must detail why you are going to request and refund, you must be very detailed so that Google Payment can accept your answer.
- Tap send email.
Because this message is directly linked to the supplier of the product, you must wait up to 2 business days to wait for the response to your request.
Request a refund if you did not pay by Google Payment
There are applications that give you various payment options and many times these payments go outside of the Google Play Store platform. If this happens to you and you want to request a refund, you can do it through the platform, but by communicating directly with the programmer. To do this you must do it as follows:
- In Google Play Store, click on My Apps and Games
- Click on the app you want to request a refund
- Click on the Help icon
- Then contact the developer of the app using the form at the bottom or through their website.
- To send information that supports the request you are requesting, you must do the following:
- Access the app or website from where you made the payment
- Search purchase history and capture the purchase
- Save the capture so you can send it
- Send all the information and wait for the developers of the app to send you the answer that they consider pertinent to your case.
As you will see, the steps you must follow are very simple, so if you follow them correctly you will be able to request your refund quickly. Remember that the first 15 minutes are crucial, since this is where you will receive a positive response from the Google Play Store, on the contrary, you have to wait for the developers to analyze your case, but it is not 100% sure that they they give you the refund of the product that you previously paid for.