The internet is very similar to the universe, it is so vast and so vast that millions of things can exist within it. The internet houses all kinds of content, which you can have at the touch of a click. It is not at all safe to access any web page that appears on the internet, let alone allow minors to browse the internet alone. That is why many people are always on the lookout for different tools to help them block junk or inappropriate content for people.
Parental Control is a good option that many applications offer. This allows parents to have peace of mind when their children are surfing the internet. But not all browsers have that control, and that is where everything begins to escape. That is why, here at Celulares.pro we are going to teach you how to use tools so that you can erase all kinds of unwanted content.
How to fence content on web pages in the Chrome browser from Android
Cell phones are always in our hands and sometimes it is much faster to investigate or immerse ourselves in a web page through them than by going to a PC to do it. So in the same way we must protect ourselves from unwanted websites on our cell phones.
Activating Safe Browsing in your browser
Parental control is one of the most used ways, when your children are browsing the internet, since it is in charge of automatically blocking content that is not safe for minors. Google Chrome on Android offers this function, you just have to follow these steps:
- Access Google Chrome from your Android phone
- Press on the 3 points, located on the top right of your mobile
- Click on the configuration or settings icon
- In advanced settings , tap on the privacy icon and activate the icon that says safe browsing .
In this way you will have already activated the security system that Google Chrome offers you, in order to avoid any type of threat that may arise when you are browsing.
Install a firewall
A firewall is better known as a firewall, and this is a program that helps you regulate internet access on a device. It is also in charge of regulating the internet data that you enter. When we visit Google Play Store, we will be able to find a series of firewalls so that you can block web pages and thus create an extra security barrier on your phone.
The app that we recommend you to use is No Root Firewall, since as its name indicates, it is a firewall that does not require root to install it. It is also very easy to use and will give you a lot of protection when you are browsing. To download them:
- Go to Google Play Store and in the search bar type No Root Firewall
- Click on the install icon
- Wait a few minutes until the application has completely downloaded
- Once ready, exit the Google Play Store.
When you already have the app installed, you can already configure its use to be able to block the web pages that can generate a threat. To do this you must do the following:
- Go to the app and click on the start icon
- You must access the Global Filters section
- Click on the New Pre-Filter icon
- In the address section , type the web address you want to block
- In the Port section you will place an asterisk (*)
- Finally, you are going to press the check icon on both the Wifi logo and the Mobile Data logo , so that the application can block the pages you requested, on both connections.
- Click on the accept icon.
In this way you will have protected the web pages that you requested in a quick and simple way. Certainly with this application, you have to do the manual work, but if you can block each and every one of the pages you want, and you will only be able to see them, when you unlock them yourself.
Block web pages in Google Chrome for Android with Block Site
Block Site is one of the extensions of Google Chrome, to block web pages, better known. In addition, for being so famous, it already has its application version, which is the one that we can download from the Google Play Store to block any web page that may be a threat on our Smartphones.
It is important to mention, that on mobile phones, the behavior of Block Site is very different compared to the extension, but in the same way, we can block any threat that appears in Google Chrome for Android. To install the application you have to do the following:
- Search Google Play Store Block Site or click here to download it
- In a few minutes the app will be completely downloaded to your mobile
- Once you have finished the download, you have to accept all the accessibility permissions that the application asks you for.
Once you have accepted all the permissions, you will see 3 relevant options on the main screen of the application. At the top, you'll have a switch where you can turn all locks on or off at once.
At the bottom, you will have the option to block all adult pages with the title Block Adult Websites . And finally on the right side you will see a floating icon that will say add apps or websites to block . Once you have added the websites and configured the system, you will see that when you try to access one of those websites that you blocked, you will receive a notice that this website is blocked.
In this way you can be sure that your phone is protected from any malicious threat, or that your children will not have to come across images that are inappropriate for their age. You just have to follow each of the steps that we mentioned above and you will see that your phone will be protected.