How to enter Windows 11 safe mode from its settings menu
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Windows 11 settings menu.
- Then go to System > Recovery . In this window go to Recovery Options > Advanced startup and click Restart now to open the Windows 11 Recovery Environment.
- On this screen, click Troubleshoot . Then click on Advanced Options .
- Next, click Startup Settings and then click Restart .
- Finally, choose the safe mode option that suits you best using the number keys or the function keys.
How to enter Windows 11 safe mode when the system cannot be accessed
This option is the most recommended when you cannot enter the Windows settings menus. But since safe mode is contained within the Windows 11 recovery environment, the first thing to do is enter this Windows environment manually, that is, using the buttons or keys on the PC.
This varies depending on the make or model of the computer.
Turn off the computer with the on / off button. Once done, turn it on and off again. Repeat the same process two or three more times to activate the Windows 11 recovery environment.
- With the computer in working status, press the on / off button for 15 seconds to force shutdown.
- Then, turn on the device and when you see the ASUS logo, press the on / off button for another 15 seconds.
- When it's off, turn it on and force it off again. The next attempt to turn on the computer will activate the Windows 11 recovery environment.
- With the computer running, press the on / off button for 10 seconds to force shutdown.
- Then, turn on the computer and when you see the Lenovo (or Windows) logo press the on / off button for another 10 seconds.
- Repeat the process. The next attempt to start the system will activate the Windows 11 recovery environment.
Turn off the computer. Then turn it on and immediately press the ESC key (or F11 depending on your HP model) repeatedly until the Windows 10 recovery environment screen appears.
After performing this step, just follow the instructions described in sections 3, 4 and 5 above.