We can imagine the scare that you could get when you are using your device quietly and suddenly or after a restart the screen turns blue or black and throws the message " Downloading ... do not turn off target ".
Although it is true that it is a somewhat desperate situation, it is nothing that cannot be resolved. So take a deep breath, since your phone has not been damaged, it could simply have a system failure. But stay with us so you can get a little more information on the subject and of course see how you can solve this problem.
What does the message “Downloading… Do not turn off target” mean?
First of all, let's first see what this message means Downloading… do not turn off target ; when we translate this bug it literally means: Downloading ... don't turn off the device . This message appears when the device enters " Download Mode ". Download mode is a state used to install an operating system or to make deep modifications to the phone's software.
If you have not started your device in this mode on purpose (using some combination of buttons), it means that there is something wrong with the installed ROM , or in easier words, with the Android system of your phone . If you are an advanced user and you see this message after installing any Android ROM downloaded from the internet, it means that there is something wrong with it and you must install another one.
Even so, do not worry , since every device has a recovery mode that will help you solve the problem.
How long does the screen stay frozen?
Your mobile screen will be frozen until the moment you decide to solve the problem. Commonly the error appears when the phone is turning on, that's why we speak of "frozen screen". This message appears to replace the logo of your device and is accompanied by several codes that can be seen in the upper left corner.
All right, now let's see what causes this error.
Causes of the error “Downloading… do not turn off target”
The reasons for this failure can be various, but we will mention the most common.
- The first reason is that a problem has occurred with the ROM or the basic files of the operating system , which could have been installed in the wrong way or during its installation I have a failure. It is worth noting that the ROM is a complete image of the operating system of your phone, in which all the information of the mobile is stored; obviously if your installation fails the data will not mount properly and the result of that will be the aforementioned failure.
- The second reason why this failure originates is that, it could be that some file of this primary ROM has undergone some modification of great importance and generates an error when starting the operating system.
- The third reason is that you have accidentally entered “ Download Mode ” using a combination of buttons. It is possible to enter “ Download Mode ” on purpose using a combination of buttons on the device. Generally, this combination is as follows: with the phone turned off, the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons are pressed and held for a few seconds. However, many times the device does not come out of this mode until another key combination is pressed, which we will tell you about later.
Now yes, with all this in mind, let's see the solution to the problem.
Solutions to exit the “Downloading… do not turn Off target” mode
As we have already mentioned you should not worry more than you should because this error has occurred, rather keep your composure and pay attention to the following ways to solve them; even the solution is quite simple.
1. Exit "Download Mode"
Once in Download mode you can exit it using the power / lock button. Follow these steps:
- With the screen in the “Downloading” mode you want to exit from, press and hold the POWER key until the phone turns off. If nothing happens , maybe your Android version is very new and you need to press another key combination: POWER button + DOWN VOLUME until the device turns off or restarts.
- Let the device sit for at least 1 minute.
- Turn it on again.
If when you turn on your device you see the same screen again, go to the next solution.
2. Turn off the device and use key combination
This is a fairly simple option to execute, and one of the most effective. First try to turn off the device by holding the power button for a few seconds or holding the power + volume down buttons. If your device has a removable battery, turn off the phone, remove the battery, put it in and try turning the phone on again. Then, with the device turned off, follow these steps:
- Press the start and power button simultaneously for at least 10 to 30 seconds, and wait for the screen to react. If this doesn't work, try holding the Home + Power + Volume Down buttons in the same way until the phone turns on.
- Your device should start normally.
If even with this method your cell phone starts in the "Download" mode, go to the next solution.
3. Reinstall the operating system
If none of the above options have worked, it could be that the Android operating system of your mobile device has a failure that requires a reinstallation through specialized tools such as Odin.
If you do not have advanced knowledge in terms of software / computing, it is best to take your device to the technical service, since a bad maneuver could cause you to lose all the data stored on your mobile.
Well, in these simple ways you can accommodate your device and eliminate the message " Downloading ... do not turn off target ". In the future, if this error appears again, you will know what to do. But well this has been everything, we hope that the information will be very useful to you.