There can be various reasons why it is necessary to take a Smartphone to its original state . Either because it is excessively slow, or because it will be given to a new owner, and you do not want the data stored in it to be violated. The right way to get it to this point will always be formatting.
At times, it could present such serious faults that it would not admit the possibility of entering its menu or unlocking its screen. In this case, to be able to restart it and leave it at the factory, a format must be executed by means of a hard reset . Now, if you can access its menu, it can be done from the equipment options menu.
It will always be necessary, in any of the two cases, to make a backup copy of all the files stored in the memory of the equipment, because with this procedure everything contained in it will be deleted; except the data that you have uploaded to Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or security backups archived in the cloud such as Google Drive, Dropbox or One Drive.
Hard reset (button combination)
Hard reset is a method of forced formatting, by which the factory settings are restored. With this procedure, all the data of the equipment will be erased. It is an ideal method when you cannot access its settings menu . Remember to make a backup of your mobile to save important information.
- Switch off the mobile phone.
- Hold down the volume down and power keys simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears on the screen. Depending on the operating system, it could be the combination volume up and power key .
- Moving with the volume keys, locate “recovery mode” and select it with the power key.
- Once inside this option, go to "wipe cache partition" and access it. In this way, the cache of the mobile will be cleared.
- At the end of the previous step, locate the option “wipe data / factory reset”.
- Then choose "yes" which will appear in a "no" list.
- Lastly, press the power key on “reboot system now”. At this point, the device will reboot, leaving the factory settings.
From the settings
Samsung phones have the possibility to be formatted through the system settings. This is the means of choice when you can enter the phone without any problem. In a similar way to the hard reset, all the information outside the operating system will be deleted, so it is necessary to make a backup of the files .
- Go to the adjustment or configuration menu of your mobile.
- Then select "General Administration".
- Press "Reset."
- Locate "Reset to Default Values."
- Finally, select "Reset" and "Delete all".
- Your phone will proceed to format and restart with the factory settings.
It is a characteristic mechanism of Samsung equipment. A simple alternative that will provide the expected results, just by dialing a few digits. For this, two steps must be followed:
- The following code must be placed in the dialing option: * 2767 * 3855 .
- To finish, press the # key and carry out special dialing.
Your phone will reboot, it will not show any confirmation, therefore, it is necessary to be sure of the execution of this procedure.
This Samsung model has two versions, a single SIM and a dual SIM version. The Android version available is (Android 7.0 Nougat) with the option to support subsequent updates of the operating system to the Android Oreo version.
Its size is 5.5 inches, dimensions of 78.6 mm, 7.86 cm, 0.26 ft, 3.09 in with a resolution of 720 x 1280 px and a density of 267 ppi (pixels per inch). Its rear camera is 13 MP, the front is 5 MP. A weight of 170 grams. The processor is ARM Cortex-A53, 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory. It has a 3000 mAh battery.