If it is the case that your Galaxy Note 9 runs very slow, has a malfunction or you simply want to erase all the information it contains, you must do a factory reset to return it to its initial state.
The Note 9 of the Galaxy series can be formatted through three different procedures, making a hard reset of the device, accessing from the settings menu or by speed dialing . Although the processes are different, the result is the same; reset system settings.
With the formatting process, all the information incorporated in the mobile will be absolutely erased , so it is recommended that you make a previous backup .
Hard reset (button combination)
Hard reset is a forced formatting method that involves resetting system settings. Through this action, all the data of third parties is erased. This procedure will be useful when the team does not respond in any way or you have forgotten your password. If you don't want to lose any information, you need to make a backup before doing the process
- Turn off your mobile by pressing the power button.
- Simultaneously press the volume up buttons + bixby button + power button .
- Touch the blue screen with the Android robot and " no command ".
- When the recovery menu appears go to the option “ wipe data / factory reset ” with the volume buttons and select the option with the power button .
- Go to the option "yes" and select it, this will start the formatting process.
- Go to the option "reboot system now" and access to finish.
This will initiate the boot sequence and optimize system processes.
From the settings
All mobiles with Android operating system have the option of formatting through the settings menu. This process removes all personal information from your device, if you do not want to lose it, you must make a backup of your files. To format the mobile from the settings menu follow these steps:
- Go to the adjustment or configuration menu of your mobile.
- Then select "General Administration".
- Click on "Reset."
- Locate "Reset to Default Values."
- Finally, select "Reset" and "Delete all".
Your phone will proceed to format and restart with the factory settings.
Formatting through the speed dial option is the easiest alternative to use, and can be done just by dialing a special code. This format will not ask you for confirmation, once the code is marked, the data will be deleted immediately.
In order to carry out this process, follow these steps:
- Go to the dialing option and enter the following code: * 2767 * 3855 #.
- Give the call and wait for the process to finish.
- Your mobile will start the formatting process and then it will restart with the factory settings.
The Galaxy Note 9 has dimensions of 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm and 201 grams of weight. It incorporates a 6.4-inch screen, Super AMOLED. It has a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. The Android 8.1 Oreo Operating System is supported by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-core 2.8GHz speed processor for models in the USA and an Exynos 9810 Octa-core 2.7GHz speed processor, in the rest of the world.
One version has a 6GB RAM with 128GB of storage and another, 8GB of RAM with 512GB of storage. The rear camera is dual with two 12MP lenses and the previous 8MP one. Add a 4000 mAh capacity Lithium ION battery with fast and wireless charging.