Sometimes, the Galaxy Note 8 , with the passage of time, can behave erratically, have LAG-type failures, freeze, close applications unexpectedly, etc. To solve this, what you can do is resort to formatting the device.
You can format the Note 8 in different ways, doing a hard reset of the mobile, from the settings menu , even through a speed dial . You must take into account that the applications and settings applied by third parties will be deleted.
It is vital to understand that the formatting procedure returns the phone to the original factory settings , erasing all data it contains, so, if you want to keep your data, you should make a backup of them before applying .
Hard reset (button combination)
Hard reset is a forced formatting method that involves resetting system settings. Through this action, all the data of third parties is erased, so, if you do not want to lose any information, it is necessary to make a backup before doing the process . This procedure will be useful when the equipment does not respond in any way or does not allow you to access the settings.
- Press the power button until your mobile turns off.
- Simultaneously press the volume up buttons + bixby button + power button.
- When you see the Samsung logo release the buttons.
- The “ installing system update ” and “ no command ” screen will appear . Wait a few seconds until this blue screen disappears.
- Go to the “ wipe data / factory reset” option with the volume buttons and select it with the power button.
- Locate "yes - delete all user data" and select it, this will start the formatting process.
- When the recovery menu reappears, select "reboot system now".
Your phone will be formatted and will optimize the operating system. Then, you will have to customize it to suit you.
From the settings
All mobiles with Android operating system have the option of formatting through the settings menu. Take into account that this process will remove all personal files from the device, it is recommended to make a backup of the mobile . To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the adjustment or configuration menu of your mobile.
- Then select "General Administration".
- Click on "Reset."
- Locate "Reset to Default Values."
- Finally, select "Reset" and "Delete all".
Your phone will proceed to format and restart with the factory settings.
Just by dialing a special code, speed dial formatting is the easiest alternative to use. This procedure will not ask for confirmation, once the code is marked , the data will be deleted immediately .
To be able to do it, follow the instructions:
- Go to the dialing option and enter the following code: * 2767 * 3855.
- Then dial the # key .
- Dial the number and wait for the process to finish.
The Galaxy Note 8, with 195 grams of weight, has dimensions of 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 shows a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen screen and a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels.
The Android 7.1.1 Nougat Operating System runs on a 2.35GHz speed Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-core processor. It has a memory of 6GB of RAM, 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. The rear camera is 12 MP + 12MP and the front camera is 8 MP. It has a 3300 mAh capacity battery.