If you have multiple consoles Xbox One or use games consoles Xbox One friend, it is useful to save games in the cloud (on Xbox Live servers). So you can continue playing on another console, right from where you left off last time.
This page contains answers to frequently asked questions and describes how to troubleshoot problems that may arise when saving content in the cloud.
Do I need an Xbox Live Gold to use cloud storage?
No, all Xbox Live members can synchronize your saved games in the cloud.
How do I synchronize your saved games in the cloud?
Saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while connected to Xbox Live. No need to select cloud storage. If you log into a different console Xbox One, you can recover saved games and access them from the console. You only need to sign in with your Xbox Live enabled profile.
How I can delete saved games you no longer need?
You can manage individual data items via My games and applications on the Home screen.
- From the Home screen, select My Games and applications .
- Highlight the item, press Menu on the remote and then select Manage game (Manage game).
- Scroll right, highlight the details of your gamertag saved in the Saved Data , and then press A on the remote.
- You are prompted to confirm the deletion of data stored in this item by choosing one of three options:
- If you choose Delete from console (Remove the console), the local copy of the saved game will be removed. You can retrieve the cloud the next time you play.
- If you choose Delete everywhere (Delete all sites), the saved data will be removed from this console, cloud and other consoles in to play.
- If you choose Cancel , the data will remain intact.
Error: "I can not save additional information on ..."
This error occurs if a console has little space for saved games when synchronized with the cloud. You can free up space by deleting items you no longer need. Or you can ignore the error and continue playing without the option to save.
Message: "What do you want to use?"
This message appears when the data stored locally on the console are newer or different from those that are already stored in the cloud. This usually occurs after playing offline. You will be given the option to choose which saved data to be used: local or cloud-saved version (it will tell you which are more recent data). Select the "Save" option you want and continue.
Error: "Another Xbox is taking a long time to synchronize with the cloud."
This error occurs when played on a console Xbox One after playing in another Xbox One who has not finished synchronizing saved games in the cloud. You have two options:
- Select Synchronize recent data saved to stop charging the other console and synchronize data with the console you are currently using. You could lose data from the other console that have not been synchronized.
- Select Continue waiting and solve the problem of synchronization with the other console. This usually means you must log in with your profile on the console and let the load is complete.
Error: "We can not synchronize your data with the cloud".
This error occurs when the Xbox One console can not maintain a good connection to Xbox Live. If you can, select Play offline to instead use the data stored on the hard drive of the console.
To test the network connection:
- Press Menu on the remote Xbox One.
- Select Settings .
- Select Network .
- On the right side of the screen Network Settings , select Test Network Connection . The test will run automatically and will tell you if there are any problems with the connection.