Personally I do not and tested, but I have read in some other forum that it works, so I encourage you to do aver that such.
I leave 4 choices of how, are practically the same, but I decided to put 4 if you ever need any errors. (I have read that the first works).
That's right, is not the traditional way to transfer information from your computer to your Windows Phone 7 using a removable SD card, but modifying only three records WP 7; which having Zuna software and USB device stack, it was discovered that all these devices have this "mode" which simply is disabled by default.
Aca registry modification:
- Open the registry (Start - run - tipean "regedit")
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM
- After HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet advance Enum USB (NOT the other ControlSet01 or 02) and then look ZuneDriver
- Change the registry value ShowInShell-from 0 to 1. This will enable Windows Explorer to display the device when connected.
- Change the registry value PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell - 1 to 0-.
- Change the value of EnableLegacySupport register - from 0 to 1. This will allow Windows Explorer to detect the device.
Once done, just plug the device to the PC. Inciara everything normally with Zuna presentation software and device recognition in Windows Explorer. You just have to close the software Zuna and ready, finally will have access to the storage device and all its contents, including copying and pasting may without the Zuna software.
For the images to be copied exactly as they are on your PC, change the option to sync "as original" to prevent resized during the transfer process.
The .WMV or .MP4 video will be encoded at .WMV and depend bitrate of the original file, but with a maximum resolution of 800 × 600.
Windows Phone 7, it appears that the operating system supports a USB storage mode.
Basically, this means that one would be able to use a mobile phone WP7 as a USB drive, eliminating the need to use the Zune software to copy the data on the phone.
Things are not as simple as it might seem, but enabling this mass storage mode that is just a few clicks, all changes required to enable this need to be made on the computer desktop.
According to a recent article on MobileTechWorld, the process involves:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor by typing regedit in your start menu.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ (the local machine key in the system).
- Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Enum \ U SB (and not the other ControlSet01 or 02 if you have them) and then searches for ZuneDriver (driver Zune).
As soon as this was done, one would have to edit the following entries:
- Changes ShowInShell of 0-1 <-of Thus the Windows Explorer shows the device when it is pluged
- Changes PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell of 1-0.
- Changes EnableLegacySupport of 0-1 <-This allows Windows Explorer detects the device.
As soon as this was done, the plugging in the Windows Phone 7 device would show immediately on the Explorer. To modify files on the device, one would have to close the Zune desktop application.
in some parts of the network and begins to talk about another capadas features of these phones that has managed to cancel. We refer this time to function storage unit. And is that mobile Windows Phone 7, like the iPhone, not allowed to use its internal memory to deliver non-reproducible data.
However, this problem would have been solved. Yes, as long as run your own risk to modify some files in the system registry. The task, they say, does not cause danger and requires very little time. However, since this trick has been the result of a breach of security of the platform is very likely that the next update remains fixed. Therefore your responsibility if you get to do this little stew code is subject outcome.
Once you have weighed the risks and you decide to put hand to the system, we describe the process Gizmóvil guys have provided. The first thing to do is open the system log. To do this, just go to the start menu and type the regedit command. After that, follow the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Enum \ U SB, where you must search and find the ZuneDriver file.
The point here is simple. There will be three entries where changing one simple command. In ShowInShell command we will see is zero, so we will change it to one; the same thing we do with EnableLegacySupport. In the case of the third inning, PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell, change will be the contrary, we find each command and modify it to zero.
From now on, when connecting mobile Windows Phone 7 to your computer via USB, we will have full access to the device memory, serving for use as a portable hard drive to carry the data we want from one place to another.
How to turn on mass storage mode on Windows Phone 7
Although I will say up front that does not work for all phones, you can always try (on your own risk, so before, if you want, you can make a backup of your registry in Windows) this trick we can connect our phone Windows Phone 7 in dealmacenamientomasivo mode.
Once you have done these steps, the drive should appear automatically connect anything mobile, and let us all losrecursoshabituales access to copy, paste, etc. All this without installing any additional software.
The steps are:
- Open the Windows registry (regedit "run" from the Start menu of our PC command).
- Locate (search menu) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Enum \ U SB and look into it ZuneDriver
Now we change the following three entries:
- Changed ShowInShell and instead put 0 1 (for Windows Explorer that makes us see the insert)
- Changed in PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell 1 and put 0
- Changed EnableLegacySupport 0 and put into place 1 (activate detection device by the browser).