Clear cache and data to fix the pending download
On many occasions, applications can not be downloaded correctly due to a failure. And it comes from the cache and the data that is stored in the Google app store. Therefore, it is possible that the solution is simply to clear the cache. As well as the store's data and the apps related to it. For this you only have to follow these steps:
- Access the Settings menu and, once there, the Application Manager.
- Go to Google Play Store and press the Clear cache and Clear data buttons.
- Repeat the same steps, but with the Google Play Services application.
- Do the same again with Download Manager / Download manager.
- Restart the device for the changes to take effect.
Delete (and re-add) your Google account
If the previous solution did not work for you, we move on to the next attempt. It is also possible that the problem comes from your Google account. And the fastest and most convenient way to try to solve it is to delete that account and add it again. For this, you simply have to follow the steps that we explain below. Of course, only for the account that is giving you problems.
- Enter the Settings menu and go to the Accounts> Google option.
- Choose the account that is giving you problems and click on the option "Delete account / Remove account".
- To add the account again, go to Settings> Accounts> Add account> Google.
Uninstall Google Play updates
In the event that neither of the two previous solutions has served you, it is possible that the failure comes from some of the updates that have been made in the Google Play Store.
If that were the case, it should be resolved by uninstalling the latest updates that have been made. In order to do so, you simply have to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Application manager.
- Click on Google Play Services> Uninstall updates.