The new generation of consoles has been sold like hotcakes, especially the PS4 Sony, which has sold more than 6 million units. And of course, the more units are sold, the greater the number of these that have technical problems (statistically so), so then you are going to tell how to solve technical problems of the five most common Sony console.
Let's start talking about the statistics on these technical problems in PlayStation 4. The problem most often repeated is that the console is turned off "because". 35% of users have reported problems it followed that the console does not have audio or video, with 25%. The console stays frozen suffers 20% of users with problems while the problems arising from the optical drive represent 10%. Other less common problems account for the remaining 10%, always talking about percentages only users with problems, not the total game consoles.
Let us now see what can be done to solve these common problems in PS4.
Console turns itself off
It is the most common problem in PS4. Some users simply restarts it "just because", and others were completely off, and in some cases not even back on. Symptoms vary depending on the case, although there are two clear indicators for this potential problem. The first indicator is the LED on the center console, which starts flashing in blue or red. In both cases, it is indicative that something is wrong with the console and should be sent for repair. However, this is what the user can try to solve this problem:
- carefully examines both the HDMI cable and the HDMI connector, both the console and the TV and check that everything is properly connected and connectors are not damaged.
- Reset the console by powering it off a couple of minutes, disconnect all cables from it. Before reconnecting, check that the hard drive of the console is properly connected.
- Place the console in a well ventilated area, since the problems may be due to improper cooling of it.
- In the event that problems persist, contact Sony to send the console to be repaired.
No audio or video
- Check if the PS4 shows the LED flashing red or blue, as in the previous case. If so, there is a problem with your hardware.
- Through the setup menu of the console, check that the audio settings are configured correctly for the type of TV or sound system you have connected.
- To check if the console is not able to play any sound, try to connect headphones to it. If nothing is played, you have to send it to repair.
- Check that the HDMI cable and connectors console and TV are not damaged and are properly connected.
- Upgrade the firmware of the PS4 if you have the latest version.
- In the event that none of the above works, contact Sony to repair the console.
The console freezes
- First of all, you check that you have the latest version of firmware installed console.
- If the console freezes when trying to access PlayStation Network, download the updates from the PC and transfer them to the console via a USB flash drive.
- Turn off the console and unplug all cables, waits two minutes and bring them again to connect.
- This problem may also be due to improper cooling console. Make sure you have placed in an open and airy space.
- If none of this works, contact Sony support to repair the console.
Problems with the optical drive
- Needless to say, you should check that the disc you enter into the console must be clean and free of scratches.
- Try cleaning the disc with alcohol swabs ears.
- If you're still reading problem with the optical drive, and you are sure the disk is in perfect condition, contact Sony to proceed with the repair.