Windows 10 has encountered a number of problems in recent days as the most demanding users have been unearthing problems with Microsoft's latest operating system, including problems in installing the latest version of iTunes for Windows 10 .
The affected users have been seeing the many problems that came with Windows 10, also asking forum supported by Microsoft or in other communities like Reddit, in an attempt to find a permanent solution to all problems, including the one that happens to iTunes installation.
According to Redmond Pie , installation of iTunes you are leading users to persistent errors like "An error occurred during the installation ..." or "The application has not been found (Windows Error 2)".
This has got to be reporting the problems it has generated, even saying that because they are incompatible versions of iTunes that were downloaded from their official website.Consequently, it was determined that this problem can be solved by manually downloading the latest version of iTunes for Windows via the following direct links:
As you can see, users must download the appropriate files depending on the type of Windows 10 you have. Moreover, it is reported that the version of iTunes 64-bit video card old also fixes several issues, including support for QuickTime, reproduction and interaction with other third-party applications installed on the computer.
Although this version of iTunes does not spawn the best user experience, it works without any problems. Moreover, one can try the following steps to install iTunes on Windows:
- Make sure you have Administrator rights on the computer.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft Windows Updates.
- Visit iTunes to download the installer.
- Right in iTunesSetup or iTunes6464Setup. If you have the program installed, this software fix. After repair, restart the computer and try to use iTunes.
- If iTunes fails to install or repair may be necessary to remove components of previous installations of iTunes and then install again.
- Disable programs that may be causing conflict temporarily so that you can fix this.
- Restart the computer.
- Reconfigure the antivirus to not interfere with iTunes and reinstall.