The LG D680 (G Pro Lite) is a smartphone whose age is about to exceed 6 years; It has the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system (with the possibility of improving to 4.4.2 KitKat) and today it is still a good mid-range option.
If you still have this copy of LG in your hands and you have never performed a format or a hard reset , you may be experiencing common problems such as slowness or errors while using the applications, battery that discharges faster, among other problems. It may also be the case that you want to sell it or give it away and you want someone else to have access to your information or files
Whatever the situation, we recommend you then carry out a factory reset through the settings menu or a hard reset through the Android recovery menu. We show you step by step how to perform each procedure.
Methods to reset LG D680
Before continuing with the reading and going to execute one of the two possible methods to restore our smartphone to the factory, we have to remove the MicroSD and SIM card from the device , in addition to having the battery fully charged. A factory reset will delete all the content found on our LG D680 device, that's why we must make a backup of information and files before carrying out a formatting or a hard reset.
Although the Android version that comes by default in our LG D680 is Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, it is possible to make an improvement to Android 4.4.2 with KitKat; then, depending on the version that our device has, we will see what steps to follow next .
1. Make a HARD RESET to the LG D680
If your device has Android 4.4.2 KitKat : If we have updated our LG device with Android Kitkat version 4.4.2 , then we must follow the following steps to perform a hard reset:
- We must completely turn off the device and then wait 10 seconds.
- Press the " Volume Down " and " Power " buttons at the same time .
- When the LG logo appears, we release the " Power " button , but we do not stop pressing the " Volume down " button.
- We immediately press the “ Power ” button again while the screen shows the LG logo.
- When we see a warning message with a black background, we stop pressing the buttons.
- Here we must confirm if we want to continue with the hard reset process, we can press " Volume down " to cancel the process or " On " to confirm and continue.
- Another warning will appear that asks us if we are really sure to carry out the procedure, we give the " Power " button again .
- The hard reset will begin to execute. When the green Android logo appears with a loading bar down, it means that the cleaning process is underway.
It takes about a minute and a half for the setup wizard to appear after the device has rebooted at the end of the process.
If your device has Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean: The way in which we can perform a hard reset to our LG D680 device with its Android version that comes by default, is as follows:
- We completely turn off the device.
- Press the " Volume Down " and " Power " buttons at the same time, without releasing them.
- The device will vibrate and at any moment a tab will appear with a warning message and a black background (here we have already released the buttons).
- The warning that appears explains to us that all the content of the device will be erased, we confirm with the “ Power ” button (in case we don't want to perform the hard reset for any reason, we press any other button to cancel the process).
- Another warning will appear asking us to confirm if we want to continue with the process, we press the " Power " button again .
- We will see a message that says " Confirmed " and the LG logo, then the Android logo will appear with a loading bar at the bottom.
- Now, the hard reset will have been made to our LG D680 device and it will automatically restart.
As in the other process, the first initiation may take a little longer than normal, when you finish starting the device, the setup wizard will appear.
2. Format LG D680 from Settings
In the event that our device still allows us to move and interact through its options, then we must follow the steps detailed below:
- First we go to the " Settings " menu , then in the " General " tab press " Backup and restart" (the names may vary depending on the version of the operating system).
- Now, press " Restore factory data".
- Click on " Restart phone" and then " OK " to confirm the execution of the format.
These simple instructions should suffice to quickly format our LG device; In case it has not worked or we do not have access to the parts detailed in the steps, then we must follow the hard reset process .
We have already cleaned our device in the most optimal way, now we simply have to restore all the files and information that we previously backed up, install our favorite applications and run them as smoothly as possible.