The Motorola Moto G is a smartphone launched in 2013 and rated as one of the best options of its generation, it has Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and has the possibility to upgrade to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. This device has 1GB of RAM, a quad-core Snapdragon 400 and a battery that should last more than 8 hours.
But even so, with the passage of time it begins to present problems with the applications; interface slows down; the battery lasts less than it should; Annoying warnings jump with the message "It stopped working " every moment, among other problems.
The solution is simple, do a factory reset, either through formatting or a hard reset . The way in which we are going to do it, will depend on the options with which the state of the device allows us to interact.
Methods to format a Motorola Moto G
A factory reset means that the device will be completely free of files and information that have nothing to do with the operating system defaults. So, taking this into account, you should logically make a backup or backup before executing a format or a hard reset to the device .
Among the methods that exist to perform a factory reset to the Motorola Moto G, are: formatting (faster way) and hard reset (more complete way). In addition, the way in which the options detailed below may be named may vary depending on the version of the operating system that the phone has.
Before proceeding, you must remove the MicroSD and SIM cards from the smartphone, in addition to having the battery fully charged.
1. Hard reset Motorola Moto G
Hard reset is the method that ensures a complete factory reset and without the need to interact with the home screen or the device menu; Before following the instructions listed below, we must completely turn off the device and check that we have at least more than 50 percent battery.
- We hold the button " Volume down " and " Power " at the same time, for about 3 or 5 seconds.
- When releasing the buttons, a menu will appear with 6 options; with the " Volume down " button we will shade the option that says " Recovery " and with the " Volume up " button we make the function of pressing.
- The Motorola logo will appear, we wait a moment and then an Android logo will be displayed.
- When the Android logo comes out, we press the following buttons in order and keep them: " On ", " Volume up ".
- At the same time, we release the " Volume up " button and then the " Power " button , another menu will appear.
- In this menu we must move with the buttons " Volume up " and " Volume down ".
- We go down to the option " Wipe data / factory reset " and select it with the " On " button .
- Now we move with the button " Volume down " towards the option " Yes - delete all user data ".
- We wait a moment for the hard reset process to finish, we will know when a last line appears that says " Data wipe complete " and the menu reappears.
- Finally, we press the " Power " button to select the first option " Reboot system now ".
That would be it, now the device will have rebooted and it will take a couple of minutes to start and display the setup wizard. But, let's not worry, this happens because it is the first initiation, then it will be much faster.
2. Format the Moto G from the Settings menu
The fastest way to do a factory restore to our device is by formatting through the options menu of the device. Of course, if the state of our Moto G is not allowing us to navigate through the interface, then we must go directly to the following method; but, if it is not our case, follow the instructions below:
- We must go to the settings menu of our Moto G, either by going to the " Applications menu " and looking for the " Settings " application or by opening the notification bar and pressing the icon of a nut.
- In the menu, we look for a section called " Personal " there should be the option "" Backup ", press on it and then on" Factory data reset ".
- In case our operating system version causes these steps not to match, then we can search as follows: " About phone "> " Storage "> " Backup and Restore "> " Factory data reset ".
- A warning will appear reminding us that all the data on the smartphone will be erased ( except those uploaded to the cloud ), we just continue.
- If necessary, we draw our unlock pattern or enter the password or PIN code to unlock the screen.
After confirming the warning message windows, the device will begin to format. This process may take a couple of minutes as you are cleaning, reinstalling the default apps and setting everything to default.
Now that we have formatted the device, we can enjoy all the applications that should run smoothly but did not before the factory reset. Also, let's remember to keep our smartphone clean and always make a backup of important files and data in case of a problem that forces us to perform a hard reset once again.