We have probably all received phone calls from an unknown number. When serving you, we find that it is telephone spam promoting any product that does not interest us. Other times the calls are from some contact but they interrupt an activity that we want to enjoy without attending to anything else; listen to music, play on your favorite App or watch a movie on your phone without interruption . There will always be a time when we need to block calls on Android or Iphone.
How to block incoming calls? It is the million dollar question. In this article we will show you how to do it from your Android or Iphone device quickly and easily.
The process is free and simple, but depending on your device, you may need to install an App, which does not alter the comfort of taking this measure.
How to Block calls on Android phones
There are two ways to block calls from a number on Android: Blacklist and Call forwarding to voicemail , both procedures are performed from the contacts application,
This procedure is the simplest of all, although you should know that not all Android devices have this option. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Contacts app .
- Once you're there, search the contact list for the one you want to add to the blacklist.
- Then select the contact and touch the options menu for that contact.
- Finally, click Add to blacklist.
- Ready! Contact blocked for calls, that person cannot call you until you reverse the action. This mechanism is particularly useful when you do not handle many contacts or when annoying calls always come from one or a few specific people.
This is one of the most used systems for its simplicity and for not needing the installation of any App.
Note: On some phones, the name of this option can be: Rejected List.
Call forwarding to voicemail
This process is more general, most Android phones have this option available, but this procedure is not recommended in case the phone company charges for the use of voicemail. If you have no problem with it, let's go to the procedure:
- Go to the Contacts app .
- Select the number you want to block.
- Then select the menu for that contact.
- In this menu look for the option that says: all calls to voicemail .
- Ready! When that person dials you, their call will go directly to voicemail. This application is useful when you have a meeting, a meeting, and someone you know wants you to attend to them immediately and you want to avoid them without them knowing it. When sending calls to voicemail, the person might think that they are flaws in the company signal.
In this way you will have already blocked this contact and you will not receive any more calls from this number. Note that on some phones the name of this option may change, but the procedure remains the same.
If you have doubts about how to block calls in Huawei, in Motorola, in Samsung , the previous steps apply to the Android models of these brands.
How to Block calls on iPhone
To perform this procedure is very simple, the Block List option makes your task easier, follow the steps shown below:
- Select the Phone app .
- Find the number you want to block in the Contacts section .
- From it, slide down and select the option that says: Block this Contact.
And in this way you will have already blocked the contact from which you do not want to receive calls. Although you can also do this procedure from the Settings application, as follows:
- Select the Settings app .
- Look for the Telephone section .
- Select the Block section .
- Add the contact or contacts you want to block.
An interesting fact about this method is that you can check who you have blocked and in case you want to unlock someone, you can do it with the procedure described above.
Note: This procedure is only available for phones with iOS 7 or later.
How to Block calls with third-party applications
As you have seen so far, a third-party app is not necessary to do this procedure. However, you don't always want to avoid calls from contacts in your calendar. Some applications will also help you block calls from unknown numbers. That is why we recommend some applications that can help you with contacts in your calendar, with unknown numbers or with both, you just have to make sure that they adapt to your phone and version of the operating system, they are available from the application store, either for Android or iOS:
- IOS: Mr . Number , Call Blocker and Call Blacklist
- Android: Lock of calls , TrueCaller , among others.
As it has been analyzed, blocking a contact is very easy to make, blocking calls from unknown numbers in Samsung, Huawei or any other brand is also easy with Apps. You just have to do the procedures described above and you've already gained a few moments of peace to enjoy your game, read a book on your device or watch a movie with ease.