Sometimes, over time, your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge may experience lag-like crashes, applications may close unexpectedly, or the phone may start to work as it shouldn't. It is at this time, when you can resort to formatting.
In the S7 Edge you can format using three different methods: the first is through a hard reset , the second from the settings menu and the third procedure, the speed dial . Although the processes are different, the result is the same; erase all third party information and reset system settings.
You need to make a backup to safeguard your files . Once the formatting process has started, it is irreversible.
Hard reset (button combination)
Hard reset is a forced formatting method, which results in restoring the factory settings and deleting all the information that is not part of the operating system. This procedure is carried out when you have forgotten your password or the phone does not respond to your actions. It is important to have a backup of the information . To format the mobile by doing a hard reset follow the instructions:
- Turn off your mobile .
- Simultaneously press the volume up buttons + home button + power button, until you see the recovery menu.
- Go to the “ wipe data / factory reset ” option with the volume buttons and select it with the power button .
- Go to the option "yes - delete all user data" and select it to start formatting.
- Wait for the new menu and go to the option "reboot system now" and access to finish the process .
- Your phone will proceed to format and restart with the factory settings.
All mobiles with Android operating system have the possibility of being formatted through the settings menu. This action deletes all personal files, so it is advisable to have a backup before starting the formatting process. To return the mobile to the factory settings from the settings menu follow the steps.
- Enter the " configuration " menu .
- Locate and select the " backup and reset " option .
- Select " restore factory data ".
- Select the " reset device " option .
- Select " delete all ".
Your phone will proceed to format and restart with the factory settings.
The speed dial option is the third alternative to format the mobile and it is executed just by dialing a special code. This deletion will not ask you for confirmation, once the code is marked, the data will be deleted immediately .
In order to carry out this process, follow these steps:
- Go to the dialing option and enter the following code: * 2767 * 3855 #
- Select activate call and wait for the process to finish.
- Your mobile will proceed to format without asking for any kind of configuration, backup or confirmation.
The S7 Edge has dimensions of 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7 mm, weighing 157 grams. Its QHD AMOLED screen is 5.5 inches, it has a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels, a density of 550 ppi and multitouch support. It is powered by the 2.3 GHz Exynos 8890 octa-core processor, where the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Operating System runs.
It has a capacity of 4GB of RAM and 32GB / 64GB of storage, expandable up to 200GB by microSD. It incorporates a DUAL 12 MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera. It has a 3600 mAh capacity Lithium ION battery with fast wireless charging.