The decision to restore the mobile phone to factory settings can be due to various circumstances such as, system problems, LAG-type failures, it becomes slow, closes applications unexpectedly. Or, you may have forgotten the access code or simply want to erase all the information.
In this Samsung model, you can reset in several ways, either a hard reset, through the system settings or, as in most Samsung devices, through a speed dial.
Before formatting the cell phone, you should bear in mind that this will erase all your information, so remember to make a backup if you don't want to lose your data.
Hard reset (button combination)
Hard reset is a forced formatting method by which the factory settings are restored. This includes the deletion of all personal files, so it is important to have a backup of them to safeguard your information. To format the mobile by doing a hard reset, follow these steps:
- Turn off the cell phone.
- Now press the volume keys up + bixby button + power button at the same time.
- Press and hold until an Android symbol appears with a warning sign.
- In the recovery mode select: wipe data / Factory reset .
- A window will open asking if we are sure of doing it, select yes .
- After this, simply select reboot system now to turn the phone on again.
Keep in mind that, in the recovery mode, you scroll with the volume buttons up / down and to select an action, you do it with the power button . Remember that you must enter the last email used by the device before performing the hard reset, otherwise the phone will be locked
From the settings
All mobiles with Android operating system have the possibility to format them through the settings menu . Although its execution is different from hard reset, they offer the same result. It is important to have a backup of your files to protect your data. To format the mobile from the settings menu follow these steps:
- Enter the " configuration " menu .
- Locate and select the " backup and reset " option .
- Select the " reset device " option .
- Select " erase all " this will reset the device to its factory settings .
This method is the simplest alternative to format the mobile. It is done by entering a special code through the cell phone marker as follows:
- Access the fast dialer and enter the code: * 2767 * 3855 # .
- Dial that number.
- After this, restart the device manually so that the process is complete.
Take into account that, once this code is marked, it will start the formatting process and there is no way to stop it.
This device has a 6.2-inch screen and a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. Its dimensions 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 with a weight of 173 grams. It has AMOLED technology with QHD + resolution. Its RAM is 4GB, it has 64GB storage and a Snapdragon 835 / Exynos 8895 processor.
Its 3500 mAh battery allows wireless charging. It uses the Android 7.0 operating system and Bixby smart assistant. DUAL 12 megapixel camera and 8 megapixel front camera.