It is possible that, over time, the Samsung Galaxy S9 has lag problems, its screen freezes or you just want to erase all your information. In these cases, formatting to return the factory settings will be useful.
There are several ways to format this mobile. Through the settings menu, making a hard reset or from speed dial . Both methods include erasing all information and restoring the factory settings.
When formatting, remember that you will delete all the information in it, therefore, you must create a backup to safeguard your data.
Hard reset (button combination)
Hard reset is a forced formatting method by which the mobile settings are reset. All data will be erased, so you must make a backup or backup . This process is used frequently when the phone does not respond to your actions and you cannot access it.
- Turn off the mobile .
- Simultaneously press the power and volume down button for a few seconds until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
- Use the volume up and volume down keys to scroll, go to the “ recovery mode” option . To access just press the power button .
- In the new options menu, select the “wipe cache partition” option , to clear the cache from the Smartphone.
- After a few seconds, you will return to the previous menu, go to "wipe data / factory reset" and access it.
- You will see a list of options with several "No" and a "Yes". Select "Yes".
- In the new options menu, point to "reboot system now".
The mobile will proceed to format and, once the process is finished, it will reboot with the factory default settings.
In general, all Android devices have this option in the operating system. This will reset the system settings and erase all settings and data. Remember that if you want to save your files, it is important that you make a backup before starting the process .
- Go to the adjustment or configuration menu of your mobile.
- Then select "General Administration".
- Click on "Reset."
- Locate "Reset to Default Values."
- Finally, select "Reset" and "Delete all".
Your device will reboot and finish the entire process of optimizing applications and general deletion.
On the Samsung Galaxy S9, you can format through special dialing. It is the simplest and easiest alternative to format your Smartphone . In the same way, it will erase all the files of the mobile, remember to make a backup beforehand.
- Go to the dialing option and enter the following code: * 2767 * 3855 .
- To finish, press the "#" key and perform the special dialing.
You will have to have total security to reset your Smartphone since, you will not be asked for any permission to format.
This is a mid-range device with a 5.8-inch screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2960p. It has Gorilla Glass 5 protection. In addition, it has a 4GB RAM memory and a Snapdragon 845 Octa-core 1.7GHz processor. Its main camera is 12MP, and an 8MP front camera.
It has a 3000 mAh capacity battery. Its internal storage in different versions can be 64GB / 128 / 256GB expandable up to 512GB with micro SD. The operating system is Android 8.0 Oreo.