There are occasions when it is necessary to format your Galaxy Note 3 due to various causes. The most common are mobile functionality problems such as LAG-type failures, unexpectedly closed applications and others.
There are three ways to format the Galaxy Note 3 . The first is to do a hard reset , which is to force your mobile to erase all the information and third-party applications. The second from the settings menu and the third is by speed dialing .
It is important that you understand that, the procedure to return a mobile to the original configuration, deletes all the data it contains, so it is highly recommended to make a backup of your data before applying it.
Hard reset (button combination)
Hard reset is a forced formatting method that involves resetting system settings. This action will erase all data from outside the operating system. It is used when you cannot access the phone settings or it does not respond. Remember to make a backup of your data if you do not want to lose it.
- Turn off your mobile .
- Simultaneously press the volume up + start + power buttons .
- When the Samsung logo appears , release the buttons.
- The Android recovery menu will appear, go to the option “ wipe data / factory reset ” with the volume buttons and select the option with the power button .
- Go to the option "yes - delete all user data" and select it, to start formatting.
- In the new menu, see the option "reboot system now" and select it.
In this way, the mobile will start with the factory default settings and optimize the system applications.
From the settings
All mobiles with Android operating system offer the option of formatting through the settings menu. Similar to hard reset, this action will erase all data and settings that are not specific to the operating system. Remember to make a backup if you don't want to lose your files.
- Go to the adjustment or configuration menu of your mobile.
- Then select "General Administration".
- Press "Reset."
- Locate "Reset to Default Values."
- Finally, select "Reset" and "Delete all".
It is common for your mobile to restart repeatedly during this process. When finished, after a few minutes, the initial configuration screen of your Smartphone will appear.
Formatting through the speed dial option is the easiest alternative to use, and can be done just by dialing a special code. This method will not ask you for confirmation, once the code is marked, the data will be deleted immediately.
In order to carry out this process, follow these steps:
- Go to the dialing option and enter the following code: * 2767 * 3855.
- Then dial the # key .
- Select call and wait for the process to finish.
- Your phone will proceed to format and restart with the factory settings.
The Galaxy Note 3 features a size of 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm, weight 168 grams. It displays a 5.7-inch capacitive touchscreen Super Amoled screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and multitouch support.
The Android Operating System version 4.3 Jelly Bean runs on an Exynos octa-core 1.9 GHz processor. It has 3GB of RAM capacity and 32 / 64GB of internal storage expandable with micro SD up to 64GB. The main rear camera is 13 MP and the front camera 2 MP. It has a 3200 mAh capacity Lithium ION battery.