Google had a few days ago the official Android 5.1 update Lollipop . We are, if you have not read before, before a data package developed for purely corrective purposes, but the fact is that it also addedsome functionality and features new to ultimately improve the user experience aboard this platform . The first to be updated have been the owners of the devices Nexus , but the next to try honeys of the new Lollipop will own some terminals Motorola . So much so that last week a story in which it claimed that the leaked Motorola Moto G 2013 or what is the same, the first generation of this terminal, was in the testbed for the update, which made think of a coming-soon. Thus, if you have a Motorola Moto G 2013will require that you begin to prepare to embrace Android 5.1 Lollipop conditions. But, you know how and what are the main steps? We'll tell you then.
Option 1. Update wired via USB.
You know, and we'll tell you but, most updates to Android and arrive via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) , meaning you will not need to use cables or computer. However, if this is the method I've ever used and would continue to do so, there will be no problem, because it is perfectly valid.
Motorola Device Manager installs the program
1) Before starting any update of this type, it is essential to install a program that Motorola used for this purpose. We talked about Motorola Device Manager . All you have to do is access the official website of Motorola and perform the download.
2) Once inside, select the version that fits your operating system. You will see that there is an issue forWindows and one for Mac . You will simply need to click on Download for Windows or Download for Mac . Very easy.
3) From now start downloading. The process may last a few minutes, while the data packet reaches your computer.
4) When the download is complete, you must click on the installation file (if you use Chrome , you'll find it on the bottom bar). Follow the instructions provided by the wizard and do not interrupt the process at any time.
5) Finally, we remind you that you can install a shortcut icon on the desktop . This is optional, so choose what best suits your needs when the wizard will ask.
Prepare the Motorola Moto G to perform the update
1) Any equipment should be well prepared before an upgrade. This is an important process, so keep that in mind much. The first thing we recommend is to make a backup of all content that you had stored on your phone and configurations.
2) To do this, you only need to sign in to the section of Apps> Settings> Google . You will have to select a Google account and select all the content you want to keep within the copy (except messages, apps and call log).
3) Then you will have to prepare the USB cable (essential for this kind of update). What you'll find inside the box Motroola Moto G 2013 , but you can always use another cable that is compatible.
4) Immediately afterwards and as a last step, make sure you have room to install the data packet. We recommend you have (at least) 2 GB free .
Connect your device to your computer
1) You'll have to use the USB cable . Connect it on one end and the other end attached to the computer.
2) Your computer should immediately detect the presence of the smartphone . If you've never connected to your computer, drivers may still have to be installed. This task will not last long, so be patient and wait.
Start with the update
1) We're almost there . Once the equipment is connected, it is possible that the software Motorola Device Manager (MDM) is launched autonomously, but is also probably need to open it yourself. Anyway, once inside, you'll have to click on the option Check for device updates .
2) If the update is available within seconds should start the download . And at this point and you just have to follow the instructions provided by the system. Note, though, that the upgrade process can stretch a little. Do not disconnect the phone from the computer until the system tells you clearly.
3) During the upgrade process the Motorola Moto G 2013 will be updated repeatedly. When finished, you should start enjoying the benefits of Android 5.1 Lollipop .
Option 2. Update wirelessly via FOTA.
Virtually all updates are launched today are conducted via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air), which means you will not need cables or software or computers. The update will be done through the air. Easier and faster.
Everything in place for the Motorola Moto G 2013 update
1) As with the previous method, it is necessary that before starting the update run some steps. The first and very important: make a backup of all content and settings you have stored on your Motorola Moto G 2013. Upstairs you have specific instructions to do it.
2) Then we would recommend having the battery fully charged. If you have time and are willing to upgrade, yes it would be interesting were 80% capacity at least .
3) Now connect your phone to a WiFi network . You guarantee all the stability required for the downloading and installation and avoid wasting data. You can use the connection to your home, work or any other site that can provide stability.
Search the upgrade to Android 5.1 Lollipop
1) First you should consider upgrading to Android 5.1 Lollipop has not yet reached the market. This event will occur soon, so it's likely that in the coming days or weeks get a notification up telling you that the data packet is available.
2) Another thing you can do is check for yourself if the update is ready. You can do this by accessing the section Applications> Settings> About phone> System updates .
3) If there is still no update available, do not worry. The data package should arrive in the coming days or weeks.
We're done! Update your Motorola Moto G 2013 Android 5.1 Lollipop
1) With the data packet ready to be installed, the first thing you have to do is accept the download process . If you can not upgrade at this time, do not worry. You can discard it and come back for it later.
2) Once you have accepted the upgrade , you will not have to do anything else, because the process is completely autonomous. The only thing we recommend is be patient and wait for the installation to run its course. Note that the process can take about 30 minutes or more.
3) The computer restarts repeatedly. Do not worry, it's completely normal. When the update is finished, you can give for now begin to have fun your Android 5.1 Lollipop .