Problem: file sharing disabled:
If file sharing is disabled:
- we see the computer in the network,
- you can not access the computer.
The following message appears:
"Windows can not access \\ ...
Check the spelling Otherwise, perhaps there is a problem with your network To try to identify and resolve.. problems network, click Diagnose "
Enable file sharing:
This is only necessary if you want to share files or folders to other computers.
It is not necessary to access shared files and folders on other computers.
- Start Menu, Network
In a Windows window
- click on "Network" on the left side of the window.
The following window appears:
- Click on the tape. "File sharing is disabled Certain computers and devices are perhaps not visible ... Click to change."
- Select "Enable Network Discovery and File Sharing"
We can now share files and folders on the network.
After enabling file sharing, we would obviously:
- share files or folders,
- determining access permissions (read and / or write) its files / shared folders.